Nutrition Note : A rich source of vitamins A and C and iron, arugula is a nice complement to the sweet, salty, and spicy flavors of this dish. If the flavor of arugula is too sharp, substitute spinach, watercress, or Belgian endive.
PREP 15 min. GRILL 14 min.
Beef and Arugula with Raspberry Chipotle Dressing Ingredients:
- 12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak cut in 1 inch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsps. Honey
- 1 tsp. chopped canned chipotle chilli peppers in in adobo sauce*
- Dash salt
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 1 4-oz. package goat cheese (chevre), cut up or crumbled
- Trim fat from steak; sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper over steak. For a charcoal grill, place steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 14 to 18 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 F) or 18 to 22 minutes for medium doneness (160 F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Thinly slice beef.
- Meanwhile, for raspberry dressing, in a blender combine raspberries, vinegar, oil, honey, chipotle peppers and dash salt. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Divide arugula among four serving plates. Top with grilled steak and goat cheese. Drizzle with raspberry dressing. Makes 4 servings.
- ***Because chilli peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chilli peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
It's time to reinvent your favorite foods through dehydration. The Essential Dehydrator shows you how to us... Read More >